Our most frequently asked questions
We are a family-oriented, Christian support ministry for home educators in the Aurora, Colorado area. We seek to:
- Honor the Lord Jesus Christ, for it is by His grace that He has called and empowered us to teach our children
- Meet and fellowship with other homeschooling families
- Give and receive encouragement, specifically to parents in their God-given responsibility of educating their children
- Promote academic and social activities for families within our group
- Learn from one another by sharing information regarding successful Christian homeschooling
- Support whole-family involvement in homeschooling
- Encourage families to seek and develop fellowship and friendships among group members
- Pray for one another
What we do together:
• Monthly Presentation Days (see below)
• Monthly Mom’s Meetings
• Holiday Parties
• Annual Fairs (rotational basis – STEM or STEAM, Geography, or History)
• Annual Back-to-School Family Picnic
• Teen Nights
• Monthly Newsletter
• Drama Club
• Whole Family Soccer Club
• Mother-Daughter Days
• Occasional Service Projects
• Couples Valentine’s Dinner
• Field Trips
• Occasional Father-Son Activities
• Occasional Dad’s & Kids activities
Each month, we provide an opportunity for children to present something they have learned and practiced to a friendly audience of their peers and parents. This might be a science project, poem or scripture recitation, musical performance, book report, a demonstration. Children who do not wish to share are welcome to be part of the audience.
This regular public speaking exercise gives our children a chance to be proud of what they have learned in front of their peers, in addition to honing public presentation skills that will benefit them throughout their lifetime.
After the presentation time, we have a time of fellowship at a local park. Families are welcome to bring snacks or a picnic lunch and enjoy a time of fun in teh sun. Even when colder, we can bundle up and play outside on most days.
• Are active homeschooling families
• Agree with our Statement of Faith
• Contribute $15 for annual membership dues
• Agree to use information on the group roster (membership list) only for Faith group communications
• Agree not to promote public school enrichment programs at Faith activities
See our Membership page for additional information.
We only request one membership per family.
Each home school support group is different. Think about what you would like to get out of a support group, and think about what you would like to contribute. Think about why you are homeschooling, and what your goals are. You can even say “I’m so overwhelmed I don’t know where to start!”. Then, have a conversation. We will be happy to share with you what things we offer and help you with the decision about whether your family and our group is a good fit for your needs and goals.